Cherry Down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
I have some clean up before I can get in to cut, not sure when I'll get to this but I should get some nice cherry splits from this.

zap

Attachments

• 100_1092.jpg
    100_1092.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 356
That would make a nice postcard. Looks like your clean up will be like playing Jenga.

You have some work to do to get close to that one.
Cut your way in careful
Cool picture

What did yu do to that picture, itis like a painting, is that a feature on your camera. I agree it would make a great card.

oldspark said:
What did yu do to that picture, itis like a painting, is that a feature on your camera. I agree it would make a great card.

Yes oldspark I was changing features (not sure which one this was) but I might be able to look on the camera to find out.

Just looked through the pictures properties and it won't tell which feature it was on.

zap

Wow Zap! Take your time cutting that one. Lots of stuff going on there.

Skier76 said:

Skier76 I have to clean the area around the cherry (dead pine mostly) then see how I can tackle this job the safest way.

Skier76 next time I'm up top I'll take a picture of a widow maker, the only way to take it down safely would be dropping another tree across it.

zap

What a tangle web we weave!

Looks like some easy work to me. Lucky man Zap.

Backwoods Savage said:

It's all easy until I actually have to do it! ;-)

zap

Cherry is my favorite wood

zapny said:
Skier76 said:

Skier76 I have to clean the area around the cherry (dead pine mostly) then see how I can tackle this job the safest way.

Skier76 next time I'm up top I'll take a picture of a widow maker, the only way to take it down safely would be dropping another tree across it.

zap

Sounds good Zap! I always enjoy the pics you post.

I'm not sure which I love most about cherry . . . the ease that it splits, the speed that it seasons, the way it burns or perhaps it is that distinctive smell that invariably causes me to pick up a fresh split and sniff it every time I end up splitting a bunch of cherry.

firefighterjake said:
I'm not sure which I love most about cherry . . . the ease that it splits, the speed that it seasons, the way it burns or perhaps it is that distinctive smell that invariably causes me to pick up a fresh split and sniff it every time I end up splitting a bunch of cherry.

I learned last year not to wear shorts when reloading the cherry, I'm looking forward burning something other then cherry. :coolgrin:

zap

Backwoods Savage said:

Get your saw to the east, the room and board is free and take care of that mess SAV!

Cherry,Cherry and mo Cherry!

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.