Cherry pits

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Savage

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 14, 2007
Michigan
Does anyone know of a supplier in Michigan for dried cherry pits?

There is an ad in our local weekly newspaper. I gave it to a niece, she called, left message but nobody returned her call. They have a pellet stove and, naturally, are having problems with supply of pellets. Looking for possibility of burning pits in their stove.

I'm thinking someone in or near Traverse City should have some but not sure who. Anyone know?

I did give them a name of a big canner near Traverse City. Hopefully they will find something through them.

Forgive me for stating the obvious, but make sure that the stove can burn cherry pits. Not all pellet stoves can burn corn and/or cherry pits.

I know this is a little after the fact, but Triple D Orchards is selling cherry pits both wholesale and some retail.. They are in Empire if that is close to you. You can go to tripledorchards.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.