Cherry

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
This was what was left after I winched down the hung up part, came down with the help of some wedges. My cut from the back side was off.

zap

Attachments

• Cherry
    100_0350.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 295
tfdchief said:
That's some nice looking stuff! I don't often get to cut that straight stuff. Beautiful setting too.

Thanks tfdchief, we are in the foothills of the Adirondacks in the town of Colton. I have about 2 to 3 more Cherry in the area, also when I was working there today I notice 3/4 of a cord of Cherry I cut and split in the spring and forgot about. We had a family emergency the weekend I was there in the spring and had to leave for North Carolina (everything has turned out great).

zap

zapny said:
tfdchief said:
That's some nice looking stuff! I don't often get to cut that straight stuff. Beautiful setting too.

Thanks tfdchief, we are in the foothills of the Adirondacks in the town of Colton. I have about 2 to 3 more Cherry in the area, also when I was working there today I notice 3/4 of a cord of Cherry I cut and split in the spring and forgot about. We had a family emergency the weekend I was there in the spring and had to leave for North Carolina (everything has turned out great).

zap
Zap, You enjoy that beautiful country! I live in the flat lands of East Central Illinois. There is some country that looks like that along the rivers and most of Southern Illinois where I used to deer hunt looks like that. Once in a while I get to cut in timber like that around here, along the rivers, but there isn't much anymore and most land owners are real protective. Got to know somebody. I wouldn't get much done though, for enjoying my surroundings. When I am in a place like that, I wonder from my work a lot. :)

zapny said:
This was what was left after I winched down the hung up part, came down with the help of some wedges. My cut from the back side was off.

zap

Zap, those are nice to cut. What works best for me is to take 3 or 4 of those that are already cut and roll the log up onto them. Of course a cant hook is really handy for this. Makes cutting fast and it is up off the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.