ChimGard on the inside of VC Winter Warm Small

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

isuphipsi1052

Nov 15, 2006
Upstate NY - Near Rochester
Because of the design of my VC Winter Warm small, I couldn't get an accurate surface temp. reading from the stove. My wife (in her infinite wisdom) decided to place the thermometer inside the firebox (upper right hand corner, near the door - no flame impingement). I'm now able to get a temperature reading inside the stove. Since the cost of the thermometer was so cheap, she figured she give this a try. So far, other than a little soot on the face (which easily wipes off), the gauge seems to be working just fine. That being said, should I be sticking to the thermometer's recommended operating range to decide when to close the damper (so the catalytic converter activates correctly)?

Sorry if my question is not clear...

Status
Not open for further replies.