Chimney “chase” pronunciation?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ctwoodtick

Minister of Fire
Jun 5, 2015
Southeast CT
What is the pronounciation of this part of chimney? Is it like chase a ball around or like chassis of car?

You could have one single chase or multiple chassis.

Indubitably. In many areas of CT it would be pronounced as, "I have a big chez, but he has two chezzies." I find the pronunciation a bit funny, but then a lot of things are a bit funny in CT. Just sayin. Manly

Indubitably. In many areas of CT it would be pronounced as, "I have a big chez, but he has two chezzies." I find the pronunciation a bit funny, but then a lot of things are a bit funny in CT. Just sayin. Manly

The long island version is, "Oy hoive a booo-oig choiiiiise, boot hooeee hooeees tooOo chooiiiiisoisies." Things get really strange when you give them a word with too many vowels in it.

If you're bored, ask someone at the grocery store where they got their shopping cart sometime. In the local dialect it is a weeeee-YAAAA-gun, with the emphasis on the middle syllable, and it's kind of fun when you get them to say it. :)

I just realized the OP is from CT. Didn't mean to make fun of the funny folk in CT, after all I am one who is stuck here for a few more years.

New Jersey....... Like CHASE a ball.......

Ignore those who say otherwise...... they talk funny!

Dave

Reading about all you folks with your strange and odd accents is wicked entertaining . . . ayuh.