Chimney Cleaned and poly brush is great

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cbrodsky

Jan 19, 2006
Millbrook, NY
After reading one of the debates here, I decided to switch to a poly brush for our class A chimney after using a steel brush once. It worked great.

Last year, I just brushed out the straight class-A pipe section using rods. This year, I gave it a couple passes through there with the rods, dropped a rope from the roof through the cleanout tee behind the stove and pulled the brush down. I had no trouble pulling it down through our two 45 degree bends in the double wall stovepipe - I think the steel brush would have given me more trouble.

I'm also really glad we have the cleanout tee behind the stove - makes it a very simple job. Just put a paper grocery bag under it as I pulled the brush through while my wife held a vacuum hose over the top to catch any floating dust.

-Colin

Status
Not open for further replies.