Chimney Cleaning Advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I would give everyone an update. A couple weeks ago I blew the Cre Away up in my chimney by putting the hose on the outlet of my shop vac and dumping some of the can in front of the hose; it did a pretty good job "dusting" the chimney. I burned three traditional fires with my insert removed. Last night before re-coating the chimney again I looked up there and I would say that at least a third of the glazed creosote was hanging off and looked flakey- should be easy to brush. I was told to do a total of three treatments and then sweep it. After seeing the results from last night I am very hopeful.

Status
Not open for further replies.