Chimney cleaning problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

syd3006

Jan 20, 2008
Northwestern Ontario
The design of my stove (Century Hearth) doesn't make chimney cleaning an easy chore. I have to disconnect the chimney and take it outside to run my pipe cleaner through it. The pipe from the stove to the ceiling is a telescoping single wall type and once it has accumulated creosote and needs to be cleaned it is very difficult to get it to lift up so I can disconnect it. I am wondering if anyone else has this problem and what they do to make it easier.
Thanks

syd, you should not be getting creosote in that section of pipe! Try to get some seasoned wood if at all possible so you don't have to clean that very often at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.