Chimney "ice art"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbob

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Strange ice formations on the top of the chimney. Probably condensation dripping down from the cap.
One kinda looks like a gopher, or is that a penguin?
They're not causing any problems, I just found them interesting.

Attachments

• IMG_0141.JPG
    IMG_0141.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 1,037
Very carefully remove them, keep them frozen, and auction them on Ebay. Rick

Let us know what they look like after two more Mooseheads. :lol:

??? Those are pretty strange.

I had these for the first time this year. They pulled off my cleanout and messed up my draft.

Attachments

• IcedChimney.jpg
    IcedChimney.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 809
After the ice storm I had some on the inside/top of my chimney. I had run the stove for a good long time with the heat going up the flue to get them melted.

Matt

fossil said:

Nah, you got it all wrong Rick . . . there's only money in frozen chimney-sickles if they're in the image of Mary. As for me I'm still toasting up cheese sandwiches and looking for her image . . . I can't tell you how many loafs of bread and slices of cheese that I've gone through! ;) :)

Those are flying chimney rats. We have a lot of them here on the farm. They're attracted to the burning cheese.

firefighterjake said:
fossil said:

Nah, you got it all wrong Rick . . . there's only money in frozen chimney-sickles if they're in the image of Mary. As for me I'm still toasting up cheese sandwiches and looking for her image . . . I can't tell you how many loafs of bread and slices of cheese that I've gone through! ;) :)

All you have to do in the item description is suggest that you can make out what appear to be stigmata in their little paws or web feet...then many others will insist that they, too, see them. Let the bidding begin! :p Rick

kenny chaos said:
Those are flying chimney rats. We have a lot of them here on the farm. They're attracted to the burning cheese.

NOOOOO. Remember that guy that had Bats hanging out in his stove last summer? There they are again!

BJ64 said:
kenny chaos said:

NOOOOO. Remember that guy that had Bats hanging out in his stove last summer? There they are again!

There's one problem with what you surmise, bats don't eat cheese. Is someone burning mosquitoes?

kenny chaos said:
BJ64 said:
kenny chaos said:

There's one problem with what you surmise, bats don't eat cheese. Is someone burning mosquitoes?

Ohhh, you are being silly. These bats are in Winnipeg. They drink beer.

fossil said:

and if you find one that looks like jesus it will go for BIG bucks on eBay.

SCFA said:
fossil said:

and if you find one that looks like ##### it will go for BIG bucks on eBay.

##### . . . Would ##### be Elvis? ;) :) Just kidding, I realize you meant the J-Guy. ;) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.