Chimney liner question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinnell

Sep 13, 2011
No Colorado
So the chimney sweep came out and cleaned what he said was his dirtiest chimney in years. He said it was about 4 times the usual amount of creosote. We just bought the place and so wante a good clean.

Now the problem is the way the wood stove was hooked up to the 10x12 OD clay liner, they just kind of ran the stove pipe up to the clay liner in this space in the chimney.

I was planning on running a SS liner but wanted to know if i had to have a T connector or if i could just connect it like with a wood insert. The wood stove is freestanding. There is no room to work with a T in the back of the chimney.

Thanks

k

This may be easier than imagined. The way a tee is installed is that the snout of the tee is connected after the liner is in place and the inlet hole is aligned with the thimble.

The liner should help, but that might be just part of the problem. The other parts could be the stove itself, the wood and the operator. What stove make/model is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.