Chimney pipe connection- Englander 28-3500

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChevyGuy

Jul 28, 2015
New York
I have just installed my first wood burning appliance. An Englander 28-3500 furnace. Chimney is all installed up through the roof. I went to connect the double walled pipe to the top of the furnace last week only to see that the pipe would not just hook up to the collar. I was told I needed an adaptor that would sit around the stove collar and also go inside and down into the collar. So I ordered the Selkirk DSP6SA-1 adaptor (I have all Selkirk pipes). Just got it today and it doesn't fit snuggly as I thought it would. The furnace chimney collar has an inside diameter of 6 1/8". The adaptor inside pipe that is supposed to fit down inside the collar only has an outside diam. of 5 3/4", leaving a 3/8" difference. Lots of play there. This obviously can't be right. What do I do to close up this space? How have you who have these furnaces connected the chimney to this collar? Measuring the male end of my regular DSP pipe also measures 5 3/4" O.D. so that won't match up either. Any advice would be Great. Thanks

Bump...

I've never use double wall connector pipe only single wall. But many on this forum have. Hopefully they'll chime in, in case you haven't figured it out yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.