Chimney Question for Republic

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flygirl6074

Hearth Supporter
Sep 17, 2009
suburban Chicago
Hello,
Last night I pulled out the ben franklin I've been using for the past two seasons and will be replacing it tomorrow with a Lopi Republic 1750! This forum has been very useful over the past few months when I was deciding which stove to go with.
I ended up with the Lopi, partly because they were having a sale where you get a free blower. The Englander would have been about $200 less but none of the big box stores are stocking them yet, and the Lopi dealer has been incredibly helpful and will be a much better resource than any retail cashier.
I currently have an 8" flue, all the way up through my roof. Should I get the 20 or so feet of 6" pipe and install it all the way up or use a 6 to 8" adapter?
The Republic is the stripped down version of the Endeavor, so it doesn't have a bypass damper. I had my ben franklin down to a science, so I never had much smoke in the house, and I have pretty high expectations for this new bad ass stove.
So, do you guys think I'm going to have trouble with back drafts?
If not, all I have to do is install the 6" to 8" adapter, and maybe 6' of pipe to install, which sounds too good to be true.
Thanks for any advice, and I'll be sure to put up some photos of my new baby!

There's a pic of the old one before I took it out...
And a pic of the newly installed stove!
I went with a whole new chimney of Supervent piping from Menards...

Attachments

• ben.bmp
    263.7 KB · Views: 179
  • CIMG3006.JPG
    CIMG3006.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 101
You should be fine with 6" to 8 " adapter and what ever length of 6" pipe from the stove to the adapter you need.

learnin to burn said:
You should be fine with 6" to 8 " adapter and what ever length of 6" pipe from the stove to the adapter you need.

agreed

Agreed as well. And you can always re-line with a 6" ss liner if you need to.

The free blower deal started right after i ordered mine! Wasn't planning on getting a blower, but had it been included it would have been nice to see if it helps. Anyone inspector is supposed to come out Tues., can't wait to fire it up after that!

Status
Not open for further replies.