chimney scrubber

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bjwme

Aug 19, 2008
northern maine
heys guys, well with the cold snap we have had here in northern maine i have run into a little problem. i have a new yorker wc-90 in my basement that has been working great. but this last week with the really cold temps (2 nights in a row with temps -34 and -37) i have noticed some creosote buildup in my chimney. no big deal i just get on the roof and drop the chain and hook up the brush. i found this online( chimney scrubber) and was thinking it my be a good thing to have. only because i noticed the buildup this morning and i was late to work because of it. i was thinking if i had this i could just run it up and down a couple times for peace of mind while i am at work or away. i know it doesnt take the place of a proper cleaning but it could be quite a time saver. what do you guys think

thanks

bryan

chimney scrubber

Neat idea but kind of pricey at $450.00. It would be good to hear some actual testimonials on this.

it does seem like an ingenious design, and might save money if you had to have the alternative of hiring a chimney sweep at $100+ once or twice a season.

I really like the spiral brush design; I was just thinking recently that someone should do something like that based on the Hoppes "tornado brush" forrifle bore cleaning.

that said, I'd like to see one of these chimney scrubbers in person

by coincidence, I have spent a lot of time deer hunting right near green bay rd in peacham VT where this outfit lists their address. I am pretty sure it is not made there, as it is extreme boondocks, with only a few houses. which is not to say that this might not be manufactured at another site and the business office is just out of the person's home - in which case, more power to them

This appeared in another post and looks interesting.
soot eater
http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/(trzmrl45yo4qfv3tv3utf355)/productdetails.aspx?sku=4272662

Status
Not open for further replies.