Chunks & Uglies

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they will Gasifier. I plan on burning a chit load of pine then once I'm within a hour of cooking the steaks (chime in if I should throw on the Cherry before) some Beech & Cherry will be added.

For the guys that cookout please chime in on how long it will take to burn down the beech & cherry to coals. I did some cooking at my FIL camp years ago but he was the boss, I added the beech when he wanted it. By the time the chicken was ready to go on we had a great bed of coals.

I do not have enough experience with cooking over wood to give you advice. I have enough experience with eating, but that is not going to help you out now is it. ;lol

Reactions: zap
I do not have enough experience with cooking over wood to give you advice. I have enough experience with eating, but that is not going to help you out now is it. ;lol
Your job tonight will be to have a fire in your pit then burn down some beech until it is coals, please report back how long this took. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.