circa 1980 woodburning stove ID needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

kkosciel

Oct 10, 2023
Delray Beach
Desperately need help identifying our woodburning stove in MI. My father has middle stage dementia and his previous caretaker (my former cousin) was supposed to be maintaining bills etc. instead he was stealing from us. Somehow our homeowner insurance lapsed as well bc of him. (So he's out.) So now sister and I are trying to get new home insurance on the cottage and they wanted photos and installation details. I sent them what we had and it's not exceptable as is, and we cant find the original instalations guidelines, dad has no idea either of course. Im hoping that someone can help me to verify who our stove is made by and IF by chance someone out there has a circa 1980's installation guide for the same brand so we can see and submit to the insurance co before tearing our home apart to remove or fix this issue. My dad built our home and we "moved in" about 1982/3. The stove has been there since the home. No clue where he bought it but the home is in lower Michigan/Indiana area.

Resized_20231007_154112.JPEG imagejpeg_0 (2).JPG Resized_20231007_155656.JPEG Resized_20231007_155241.JPEG Resized_20231007_160324.JPEG