CL Laugh of the Day-The Gear

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Is there a way to post a pic before it gets yanked?

This is tough. Guy asks a ridiculous firm price for an old smoke dragon and can't live with himself if he takes less. Wonder where he'll move and won't himself just follow him?

Clipboard21.jpg

He also probably couldn't live with himself if keeping the garbage can next to the stove led to a house fire that burned himself up.

The model "Moma beat" tells something about condition of the stove. ;lol

Reactions: CentralVAWoodHeat
hahaha...selling a $10 stove off season for $850. Awesome.
That's not far from where I live, but its a world apart...I'll just leave that there.

Reactions: greg13
Wrong Pulaski, That one was in Alabama. Sounds like they may be related though.

Reactions: sportbikerider78
In the words of Lionel Richie...You're once, twice, three times a moron, er, Lady.

Clipboard24.jpg

This is going to be awesome once Ashful sees it and says, "2.3L with a 4 speed? Pffft."

We're going to have some kind of welded-up thing involving a Cat excavator and a wrecked Lamborghini, with racing slicks and a single digit cycle time. There may even be a JATO bottle. :)

Pictures, Ashful! We want pictures!

This is going to be awesome once Ashful sees it and says, "2.3L with a 4 speed? Pffft."

We're going to have some kind of welded-up thing involving a Cat excavator and a wrecked Lamborghini, with racing slicks and a single digit cycle time. There may even be a JATO bottle. [emoji4]

Pictures, Ashful! We want pictures!

You kidding? That thing is AWESOME! Having serious splitter envy, here.

I’m wondering... how does one get only 80 hp out of a 2.3L motor? Seems oddly low.

Reactions: Lone_Gun
The Binford 5000 designed by Tim Taylor.

Reactions: Sean McGillicuddy
Can't you usually push around 2 GPM per HP at 3000 PSI? I was expecting a 160GPM pump, not a 20.

Good point. I had 11 GPM on 196cc (6-7 hp) and calculated I could do 22 GPM on 400cc, which is about 11 hp. A 2300 cc motor should have a 160 GPM pump!

I’m wondering... how does one get only 80 hp out of a 2.3L motor? Seems oddly low.

In 1977 a Chevy 350 made 145 HP. It was the era of choked out smog motors. 1977 called - they want their smog pump back.

And advertised and 28500 psi - or a bit over 14 tons. A much larger pump, cylinder and multi split wedge would do this thing a favor. Its current cycle time and tonnage is similar to a super split machine with a fraction of the size and cost of operation.

For a giant beast of a machine - this thing is way under utilized.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashful
i thought this one was a bit odd....
upload_2018-1-9_11-0-56.png

Reactions: sloeffle and Ashful
Yes that guy is one fruit loop

Actually he/ she is several shy of a full bowl.

You mean a couple of sandwich's short of a picnic

Couple of kegs short of a six pack?