1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

CL , streamlined log splitter

Post in 'The Gear' started by HDRock, Mar 21, 2013.

1. HDRock

HDRock Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Grand Blanc, Mi

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. nate379

nate379 Guest

What's the deal with the ginnormus plate at the end? I don't see how that wouldn't bend or tear off!
  3. Foragefarmer

Foragefarmer Member

Loc:
    Central, Virginia
    Doesn't look well laid out from a working standpoint. You would be banging into stuff with the rounds or your body.

Cutting the mower frame off with the engine and welding it to the splitter frame is pretty high speed.
  4. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    That is a redonkulous foot plate. I would easily cut it down to half that size. It is asking for trouble.
  5. I can think of a lot better ways to spend 1500 on a splitter.
    Nixon and HDRock like this.
  6. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    Ha - I didn't even notice the price. The dude is apparently doing some pretty good meds.>>
    Nixon and HDRock like this.
  7. nate379

nate379 Guest

I saw that 14 color truck in the other pics and figured that splitter had to be redneck-tastic!
    HDRock likes this.
  8. BobUrban

BobUrban Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Michigan
    Just a speculation as I am seeing what you all are but my guess is the design alows the whole thing to stand up and go vertical with the tongue poking up in the air and split vertical. This would explain both the poor layout for log placement and the monster foot.

Regardless, unless that is a turbo Kawasaki motor hidden under there and like 6sec. cycle times $1500.00 bones is outrageous
  9. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

Unless they've figured out how to get that vertical shaft Briggs to run on it's side, no vertical operation for that machine. That engine won't oil correctly unless it's reasonably level.
  10. swagler85

swagler85 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NE Ohio
    Sweet I could mow and split at the same time!
    n6crv and HDRock like this.