Class A chimney installer in SE Michigan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spiralcity

Oct 24, 2016
Ferndale, MI
I'm new to wood burning and I'm about to take delivery of my first stove, a Woodstock Ideal Steel, and I'm in the process of building a hearth pad before delivery. I've got some wood that's been been seasoned for a couple of years.

Everything has been coming together, except that I've been having trouble locating a contractor to finish the install of my class A chimney. Seems nobody in the Detroit metro area has any experience. I've got the support box in, but I really don't want to climb onto my 10/12 roof to complete the install. Anyone have any positive experiences with contractors/installers in SE Michigan? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm new to wood burning and I'm about to take delivery of my first stove, a Woodstock Ideal Steel, and I'm in the process of building a hearth pad before delivery. I've got some wood that's been been seasoned for a couple of years.

Everything has been coming together, except that I've been having trouble locating a contractor to finish the install of my class A chimney. Seems nobody in the Detroit metro area has any experience. I've got the support box in, but I really don't want to climb onto my 10/12 roof to complete the install. Anyone have any positive experiences with contractors/installers in SE Michigan? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I live in SE Michigan, and used one of the dudes recommended by the salesman at Bourlier's, the dealer I purchased from.

Rich at Aquaflame, if I remember correctly...hit me up with a PM if interested, and I can dig up / give you his contact information.

I'm in SE Michigan , http://www.londonfogchimney.com
I have used Brian multiple times great guy easy to talk to, answered all my questions when I installed my PE Summit myself to save a few bucks. good luck

Depending on how far up you have to go, a ladder and ridge hook can make it safe. Even laying the ladder flat on the roof from the ground is an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.