Class A double wall terracotta cap/?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

snaple4

Feeling the Heat
Dec 18, 2017
AR
Is there a terracotta chimney cap/plate that I can use with insulated double wall? I was just about to order Metal-Fab 6TGS48 pipe and accessories but realized I don't have a way to make it look nice coming out of the terracotta. I could use the flat
roof cone flashing
but don't think it would look correct. Any suggestions or does a different brand have what I need?

Is there a terracotta chimney cap/plate that I can use with insulated double wall? I was just about to order Metal-Fab 6TGS48 pipe and accessories but realized I don't have a way to make it look nice coming out of the terracotta. I could use the flat
roof cone flashing
but don't think it would look correct. Any suggestions or does a different brand have what I need?
Are you planning on using class a chimney inside a masonry chimney?

Yes. That is what I would like to use instead of transitioning from one type of pipe to another if possible.
Can. You explain the system using class a inside a chimney really is not what it is designed for.