Clean out cap for Dura Vent 8-stainless-steel-class-a-chimney-pipe-

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Call the company (Selkirk?) and tell them you need to purchase the clean out cap separately and if they will not then ask for a manager and tell him/her that you will be forced to report them to the better business bureau if they cannot help you with that replacement part.

I don't think that Simpson sells anything directly, but it wouldn't hurt to call them and to ask nicely if they can help you out.

BeGreen said:
I don't think that Simpson sells anything directly, but it wouldn't hurt to call them and to ask nicely if they can help you out.

Right, and if they can get the cap alone to a distributor of theirs you could always just order throught the distributor.

My advice was more of a "worst case" approach.

Yesterday I noticed that Security does list a tee cap as a separate item. I have no idea if it would work, but it might be worth checking if no alternative presents itself.

Thanks for the help with this.
A simple phone call to Dura Vent, gets me a replacement cap, as I am the original owner of the pipe.
The treated it as an item under warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.