Clean out option for rigid chimney liner question.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

turnr

Jul 26, 2014
western massachusetts
Planning to purchase and install a pellet stove before winter. Stove will be vented into a lined brick chimney that is exposed in the living space on the first floor of our 2 story home. The flue has never been used. It is 7" x 11.5" inside dimension with an 8" thimble. The chimney starts in the basement and is straight with a total length of about 32 feet. There is a clean out at the basement level.
I will install the stove and a 4" liner myself. I am leaning towards using a rigid 24 gauge liner system. I will insulate the portion it travels through unheated space.
My question is, how can I set up the liner at the basement level to utilize the existing chimney clean out. I want to be able to sweep the liner from the bottom.

A tee on the first floor and enough pipe below the tee to get to the cleanout and then a removable cap.
Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.