Clean Slate

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JDC1

Feeling the Heat
Aug 17, 2010
NE Ohio
My wife and I are tearing out a leaky patio door and redoing our family room. So starting from a clean slate, we would like most of the 20' (long) wall to be dominated by windows. It is across the room from our front door, so we would like something dramatic and bring in the views of the backyard. We are currently shopping for a stove, and leaning towards the jotul and quadrafire cast iron stoves. I have a wood burning furnace in the basement so size does not really matter as it will be used mainly to see a fire and for the shoulder seasons when the super jack is not needed.

After searching in the gallery, I am unable to find an install that is like what we are trying to envision. Does anyone have a stove that has windows behind it and is not a corner install? Please post pictures if you do.

Thanks.

Hope this helps...

Attachments

• 178289_11.jpg
    178289_11.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 226
That is stunning Ron.

Perfect, that is exactly what I am looking for. Thank you.

Capt Ron said:
Hope this helps...

Beautiful room, but is there a full 16" of hearth in front of the door of the stove?

JDC said:
Perfect, that is exactly what I am looking for. Thank you.

You're welcome...that picture came from a local house that's for sale...I went by to take a look at the stove installation...I thought it was very nice...

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.