Cleaned the Mt Vernon for the second time this burn season. Approx a ton so far. ***pic of the top

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinsmanstoves

Minister of Fire
It was not bad but after a ton I thought I would remove the rear shield and shop vac the burn pot. Still have not cleaned the venting. I did not see a difference in burning.

Eric

Opened up the vent cleaning door on the top vent adapter and this is coming out of the stove. Awesome

Attachments

• 35.jpg
    35.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 276
Not bad after a ton.... Are you burning Pro Pellets or Easy Heats (or both)?

Doin a good job I would assume? How has the Harman woodstove been treating you. Thats a beauty too....

Cheers.....

DexterDay said:
Not bad after a ton.... Are you burning Pro Pellets or Easy Heats (or both)?

Doin a good job I would assume? How has the Harman woodstove been treating you. Thats a beauty too....

Cheers.....

Mainly ProPellets but still have a few bags of the Easy Heat left.

I went with an Isle Royale wood stove at the house. Since I been running it the Mt Vernon is down to less than 1/2 bag a day. I would almost say 1/3 a bag a day. With out the Isle Royale I was a bag to a bag and a half a day. Still have the LP shut off on the central furnace. The house is anywhere from 75-80 with the kids rooms upstairs 72ish.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.