cleaning the ash bin

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glenc0322

Minister of Fire
Dec 30, 2011
long Island NY
I have a harman accentra insert and burn Great American Pellets. the manual says to clean the ash out after 1 ton of burning and i can only get around 6-8 bags of pellets for it to fill just want to know if anyone gets a ton of pellets burned before they need to clean there stove. I clean my stove every week and every 4 weeks i do a major cleaning. never have any pellets that were not burnt and the stove is working great just trying to figure out that the manual exaggerates

thanks

6-8 bags before you have to empty your ash? I'm not familiar with the Accentra, but I go 3-4 weeks with my P-61.

6-8 bags before you have to empty your ash? I'm not familiar with the Accentra, but I go 3-4 weeks with my P-61.
Yea, Last year was my first year with my pellet stove and it was a warm winter but I could have gone at least 6 weeks before emptying my ash bin if I really wanted to but usually emptied it during my monthly cleaning process.

Must be a small ash pan on that stove. I think I could burn a ton in my PC45 before emptying the pan, but I must admit I've never tried. I clean every other week and only have about an inch and a half in the 8" pan.

I have a harman accentra insert and burn Great American Pellets. the manual says to clean the ash out after 1 ton of burning and i can only get around 6-8 bags of pellets for it to fill just want to know if anyone gets a ton of pellets burned before they need to clean there stove. I clean my stove every week and every 4 weeks i do a major cleaning. never have any pellets that were not burnt and the stove is working great just trying to figure out that the manual exaggerates

thanks
Does it say to clean the ash out of the ash pan or clean ash after 1 ton. It could mean cleaning the whole stove other than dumping the ash pan.Its not uncommon to clean combustion blower and venting pipe after 1 ton.

The free standing Accentra has a much larger ash pan than the insert does. Could probably go a ton on mine but not on an insert.

Status
Not open for further replies.