Cleaning the harman accentra burn pot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glenc0322

Minister of Fire
Dec 30, 2011
long Island NY
I heard that you can clean the burn pot with the stove on and fire burning. this sounds dangerous i figure that you would have gloves on because of the heat. does anyone do this or did i just read this wrong thanks

You can open the door and scrape the burn pot while running
if you are burnig on the lower settings
probably wont need gloves
higher setting hands get warm quick

just tried it not to bad didn't do a good scraping just took off the ash build up all of 10 seconds so not to bad

If you crack the door open a hair and wait 15-20 seconds the stove settles down a little and you can open the door and scrape the burn pot with ease.

Mongo said:
If you crack the door open a hair and wait 15-20 seconds the stove settles down a little and you can open the door and scrape the burn pot with ease.

Bingo, that's what I do.

Bank said:
Mongo said:

Bingo, that's what I do.

Yup same here.

Maybe it's just my imagination but the clinkers seem to come off easier when the burn pot is hot.

Most definetly when their hotter. Once they cool they stick like concrete.

Yup, I scrape mine once or twice a day with the stove running. If the stove's been cranking hard, you can't be too through without getting your hand too hot, but if it's just running mid range or something it's no trouble.

I have an Accentra Insert. This is the first season I have used it, I converted from a wood insert. I do a complete cleaning/vacuming about every 1.5 to 2 weeks buring on high about 80 pounds of pellets/day. How often should I scrape the burn pot? Daily? Does that really make a difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.