clearing land, want lawn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
EH Goose, we have a saying around here... cut down a Poplar and 100 show up for the funeral. Elm is almost as bad except Elm only shoots up at the stump, not a 30 foot radius.

Exactly... I need to get better on my tree ID skills, in order to really try to manage our yard better. Our house is only on about an acre, which isn't anywhere near enough to supply our firewood needs, but I'd like to get as much as I can off the land just to keep from having to purchase / scrounge as much... In Europe they do a thing called coppicing which involves encouraging the controlled regrowth of some of the more useful species, but I haven't really seen much in detail on how to do it...

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.