Clinkers?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Dimmick

Nov 7, 2012
Central PA
excuse my innocence, but i am assuming "Clinkers" is in reference to completely unburned pellets? If so, after one day, i half a pot full of PellHeat pellets...ton of fines too!

a clinker is fused ash, not unburned pellets.

try giving it more air.

Chlorides in the ash fuse together at high heat. That's why they actually check for chloride levels(some say sodium) when the pellets are tested in the labs(PFI labels specs). A pellet with a high chloride level(some say sodium) will makes some dandy lava rocks.

Like smoke said, Unburned pellets need more air to the stove or a good daily mix/stir of the burnpot to help keep the air holes clear.

A clinker, in fact one of many that destroyed my first burn pot.

IM000590.JPG

If you have unburned pellets?? Then, as noted above, you need more air.

Which of your stoves is giving you this issue? When was the last time that the vent was cleaned, motors serviced, and ALL exhaust passages (ash traps within the unit) were cleaned?

Status
Not open for further replies.