1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Close yer windows!

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Joful, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Joful

Joful Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Philadelphia
    Installed a new telescoping stovepipe on the stove with the improperly-connected liner (another thread, two weeks back) today. Opened two windows earlier this evening, one on either end of the family room, to ventilate the smoke coming off the fresh paint on the new tube. It seemed to do the trick.

Was just in bed, and then thought of those two windows. Ran downstairs to check, and found I had forgotten to close them. It may be an indication of just how draft this place is, that we had two windows open for an hour or two, and failed to notice any real difference.
    Don Williams likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. ArsenalDon

ArsenalDon Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Meadow Valley, CA
    hit the lotto and insulate will ya?!
  3. nate379

nate379 Guest

Ouch! I notice if I leave the window near the stove open 1/2"!
  4. Swedishchef

Swedishchef Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Quebec, Canada
    Wow...in my climate if you did that you would certainly notice!
  5. Hearth Mistress

Hearth Mistress Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pt Pleasant, PA (SE PA)
    Yep, been there, done that. It was in the 30s over the weekend and a little windy. Our front door closes but doesn't latch unless you pull up on it (tree damage during Sandy pushed the house all out of whack so the frame isn't square) i was in the living room, where the stove is, when I thought it was a bit chillier of a draft than usual. Who knows how long the door was open but I was pretty surprise to see it wide open! Thank goodness we start construction next week to get all this mess fixed.