Clunk clunk

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don glatts

Jan 27, 2016
Encinitas
I have a 25th anniversary 2004 Harman pellet stove serial number 584 it started making a clunking noise every so often while the auger was grinding.
Now it's clunking once or twice a minute. Please let me know if this is something I can fix myself or suggest a good service guy in Southern California. Thanks Don

Take a look at the pellets you are "grinding" into the machine...overly long? Is the machine trying to cut them to size?

And as it's a 2004, there may be a modification or cleaning / lubrication that may need to be done. I'll try to do a search, but there are others on here much smarter than I that I hope will chime in.

Status
Not open for further replies.