Coal Scooper

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BillBurns

Feeling the Heat
Nov 11, 2022
PA
I have been reading on here about moving coals around, ect. I found this at Goodwill for 1.99......no clue what its for, but it would hold about 4 hotdogs, lol....its about 2 or 3 inches deep....kinda long. Seems to be made from sturdy wire, but ill find out the hard way, lol....I have yet to try it tho, just picked it up. Its like a long basket. Hard to tell from the pic, but it should move some coals. If it holds up, I have no clue.

Coal Scooper.jpg

Yeah, the handle is about 6-8 inches long, but I will be gloved up. Gonna try it out in the morning. Those grill baskets are about the same as this one...I wondered what it was for.