Coals after 12 hours....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

remkel

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jan 21, 2010
Southwest NH
Have been getting some really long burns the past couple of weeks and even coming home at the end of the day to enough coals to relight without any paper. These are by far the best "burn times" I have ever gotten. I am burning wood that has been drying for two years and what a difference.

Stove temps are hot too, almost too hot I think. Baffle plates had a little glow to them last night even after shutting down the air at 450. It was limited to the baffle plates. I figure the stove top temps to have been around 650 or so. I am not too concerned overall, but man, some heat she was throwing last night!

Good to hear you are finally having a good burning season.

Reactions: remkel
Good to hear you are finally having a good burning season.

Yeah, been a long road, but now I think I have things dialed in. She still whistles at me once in a while, but that is something I have come to accept. Thanks for all the help these past couple of years. I guess I am living proof that and old dog can learn new tricks.

Glad to hear your getting the hang of your stove.

Have been getting some really long burns the past couple of weeks and even coming home at the end of the day to enough coals to relight without any paper. These are by far the best "burn times" I have ever gotten. I am burning wood that has been drying for two years and what a difference.

Stove temps are hot too, almost too hot I think. Baffle plates had a little glow to them last night even after shutting down the air at 450. It was limited to the baffle plates. I figure the stove top temps to have been around 650 or so. I am not too concerned overall, but man, some heat she was throwing last night!
Remkel, it constantly amazes me the difference really dry wood makes to the quality and length of the burn. I read a lot of posts about dry wood and seasoned wood having moisture contents of 20% or less and agree but the real test for me is seeing it burn in my stove. Great to see you enjoying your stove!
Kevin

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
No doubt about it. Dry wood is the big key to having good fires. Glad you got things going your way Remkel.

Status
Not open for further replies.