Coastal Premium pellet manufacturing video.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
nice operation

Coastal Farm and Ranch has a video of their pellet manufacturing process. I dont know how many other brands are made there, nor make any claims to it's accuracy. I use the Coastal premiums with good results and found the video on youtube. Figured I post the link for any one interested.

Wouldn't ya know. The same thing is posted on www.pcpellets.com. I'm guessing the Coastal Farm and Ranch secret sauce is Olympus.

Reactions: Doug MacIVER
Amazing how automated these operations are. I guess that's why the prices are so cheap.

Reactions: Deezl Smoke
Amazing how automated these operations are. I guess that's why the prices are so cheap.
my comment here is as far away from pellet heat as you get. automation today is the only way to stay in manufacturing, at least here in the USA.. something as simple as ice, this place owned by an old high school bud. . every time I see one of these vids , I look for people? amazed how few folks you see. the future is here.

IMO, pellets are also so inexpensive because 99% of the input raw materials are waste products from other manufacturing. As hard as they try, there will always be some inconsistency to the batches of pellets because of this. But, I'll not trade my pellet stoves out anytime soon.

But, I'll not trade my pellet stoves out anytime soon.

Oil prices have been creeping up,
my comment here is as far away from pellet heat as you get. automation today is the only way to stay in manufacturing, at least here in the USA.. something as simple as ice, this place owned by an old high school bud. . every time I see one of these vids , I look for people? amazed how few folks you see. the future is here.

Robots building robots in the dark....

Fanuc corp., a Japanese company, is a leader in automation.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/feat...are-making-everything-and-reshaping-the-world

the place I work there used to be over 1200 people employed in the 70's and 80's,almost all manual labor glass manufacturing plant that makes windows and windshields for vehicles. the place is the same size and now theres 350 people. just about every person has been replaced by a robot or machine that can do his/her job. good thing I'm in maintenance and things always will break,no robots taking my job,for a little while atleast

Reactions: Doug MacIVER