Cold in New England - REALLY cold.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webbie

Seasoned Moderator
Hearth Supporter
Nov 17, 2005
Western Mass.

That's minus 9 actual temperature. Pretty cold - lucky there is no wind.

Attachments

• Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 284
I bet Craig wishes he had a nice hot woodstove to cozy up to right about now?

Was a high of 2 at my place yesterday. When I got home from work at 8 it was -18. Even the Defiant isnt keeping up with that. Was 58 in the house when I woke up. Stove top was 400*. Cant completely blame the stove yet, the previous owner of the house wasnt good at maintenance on the house and there are quite a few drafts to track down.

Hey, it is WINTER. It is the northern temperate zone.....no Tropic of Capricon, yet.

-11 at 9:30 when I went to bed with stove full and cranking out heat -13 at 2:30 am when I got up to fill the stove, down to coals , at 5 am when I got up for work temps had warmed up to -9.

Working with steel and water and diesel engines always fun this time of year, guess thtas where the exprssion "Colder then a well drillers a$$" comes from.

I guess I am glad that I am not the only person having trouble keeping up! Had the olympic ranging last night before hitting the feathers at 10pm.House was a nice 75 degrees. -5 outside temp, even though the thermostat read 75, it felt like 65 for some strange reason!
Had the oil furnace thermostat on 68, It woke me up at 3am when I heard the furnace kick on. so I guess I dont know wxactaly what the house would have gone down to if the oil didnt kick in..I am not about to have frozen pipes therefore I turned the thermostat up to actually have the oil burner kick on!
made it ok, the only thing froze up is my water dispenser in the fridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.