Cold snap

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What.....is it going down to -40 °F in your area????? Maybe more like a moderate + 50 °F. You should be happy.....you can turn of the A/C for at least one day :)

THURSDAY & FRIDAY MORNINGS AT 38 AND THIS MORNING AT 41. IVE BEEN BURNING FOR HOT WATER SO IF A T'STAT COMES ON SO WHAT. THATS WHY WE DO WHAT WE DO ENJOY

We just closed all the windows late in the afternoon when the sun was shaded from the house....never got below 68 overnight although was in the mid 40's outside early this a.m.
The cool temps gave me the ambition to ramble into the woods and cut up a truck load last night...will have to wait for the next cool temps to get the urge to split 'em though!

Temps in the upper 40's here at night. I've been opening about 5 windows at night to drop the temp down to about 68 in the morning. I close the windows and blinds in the morning and can make it through the day without any AC. I love this weather. My house gets a fair amount of solar gain in the late afternoon as it faces SW. Great in the winter but not so good in the summer.

Temperature can be a real issue in this household. The furnace and the AC have run more than a few times during the same day!! My wife is a true believer in climate control!

Status
Not open for further replies.