Commercial Installation of Wood Heat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Willhound

Feeling the Heat
Nov 20, 2005
Northern Ontario, Canada
Just visited my local Pro Hardware store (like Ace hardware, but in Canada) and the owner has installed a wood furnace as his primary heat source to replace the NG fired blowers he had. He installed a Hot Blast forced air furnace made by US Stove Inc.
Here's the link in case you're interested, I have no connection to the company:

http://www.usstove.com/Merchant2/me...Code=USSC&Product_Code=1400&Category_Code=FUR

The unit is right smack dab in the middle of the store and the owner has built a steel mesh protective surround all around it so that customers can't inadvertantly come into contact with anything hot.

We were joking around and told him that all he needed was a few cracker barrels and such scattered around, and the old coots could spend the day sitting around the fire in his store shooting the breeze.

Willhound

Back when I belonged to a church, I suggested one winter that we turn off the oil furnace on Sundays and install a woodstove right in front of the pulpit. I explained to the minister that instead of filling in the pews in back of the church first, parishoners would crowd around the stove to keep warm and probably pay more attention to her sermon. Everybody agreed that it made sense, but nothing ever came of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.