1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Compressed Wood Logs - Anyone have an Update?

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Mike Wilson, Dec 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Wilson

Mike Wilson New Member

Loc:
    Orient Point, NY
    A few months ago on the old board we were discussing the use of compressed wood logs... basically very large pellets. A few people said they bought some. How are they working? Reports?

-- Mike

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. wg_bent

wg_bent Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    I can't speak from personal experience, but my sister uses them exclusively.

She lives near Seattle, so not super cold there. She has a Lopi Answer insert.

She likes them, and seems to have very few issues with chimney cleaning. They don't seem to do an overnight burn.
    She was here last week and commented on the logzilla's that I was tossing around out in the yard and how much nicer the fire looked during the burn.

I know this is all subjective comments at best, but it's all I have to offer and since no one else responded....
  3. jfsharron

jfsharron Member

Loc:
    Oregon
    The Compressed logs we are discussing here ARE NOT wax logs (wax logs can not be burned in a stove). The only binder in the logs we are discussing is WOOD (with heat and pressure applied during manufacture).

Burning all-wood compressed logs will greatly reduce the amount of creosote produced because they are so low in moisture.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.