1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

confused Axe/maul

Post in 'The Gear' started by n3pro, Aug 16, 2010.

1. willworkforwood

willworkforwood Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central Ma
    This is a classic Hearth thread. From Tarzan videos (a repeat, but always good), right through canoe-building, all seasoned with a heavy dose of math and physics! As they say - "priceless", and you just can't help getting a kick out of it. It keeps them coming back for more. If those reality show people got wind of this, they would want to make one about Quads voting wood cutters out of Central Sands (don't even think about getting on the show with a hyd splitter). Everyone voted off gets a "sucker" shirt. I'm in too much shock and awe to offer my .02, and anyway the thread has been completely mauled already. But after reading all 4 pages, not surprisingly, I couldn't remember what the OP's original question was. After going back to read that, I had to laugh because the thread could have been just one single-word reply (no). But that would have been a much less entertaining cup of coffee this morning :lol:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. oldspark

oldspark Guest

Thats the strength of a forum, making mountains out of mole hills.
  3. vvvv

vvvv New Member

Loc:
    MAINE
    & thats what the molehill sez!
  4. Danno77

Danno77 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hamilton, IL
    Now that we've solved this, let's discuss cat Stoves v non-cat stoves. Or better yet, Stihl versus (insert lesser saw brand here, lol)
  5. fossil

fossil Accidental Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Bend, OR
    I'd rather talk about whether or not it's OK to burn Pine. %-P
  6. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    I'm with Quads -- just burn the sucker.

;) :)
  7. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    Your gonna get mileage out of that one, ain't ya Jake? :lol:
  8. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Darn right . . . already added it to my signature. ;) :) I'm just waiting to use the line in other threads.
  9. vvvv

vvvv New Member

Loc:
    MAINE
    "just whack the sucker" was the original line which seemed appropriate 2me...........butt got edited
  10. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    Its OK Pook - I don't have a patent on that one (yet). It can be distributed and altered freely.
  11. quads

quads Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Sands, Wisconsin
    HAAAAAAA! I'm telling you guys, this discussion board definitely needs a 'Like' button! Hahahahaha!
  12. JLONG1219

JLONG1219 New Member

Loc:
    N.E. OHIO
    Hello, This is my first post on here. I thought this would be the most appropriate thread to do it. IMHO there is no better feeling then hitting a large piece of wood with an 8 lbs maul. Plus it's a decent back work-out!
  13. EatenByLimestone

EatenByLimestone Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Schenectady, NY
    Welcome to the forum!

Matt
  14. Flatbedford

Flatbedford Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Croton-on-Hudson, suburbs of NYC
    I have found that my Fiskars and my 6lb Sears maul are equally effective on most rounds. I just don't have to work as hard with the Fiskars. The Fiskars can also serve as an axe if need be, while the maul is useless in that application.
  15. muncybob

muncybob Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Near Williamsport, PA
    The Tarzan references reminds that I heard on the radio this a.m. that Cheeta is almost 80 years old!!!....and still no star in the Walk of Fame. We should start a petition.
    I've never used a maul and actually have only split a cord or so manually in my entire life(yes, with the SS), but if the daughter's boyfriend doesn't show up with his hydro splitter soon that may change!