confused Axe/maul

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a classic Hearth thread. From Tarzan videos (a repeat, but always good), right through canoe-building, all seasoned with a heavy dose of math and physics! As they say - "priceless", and you just can't help getting a kick out of it. It keeps them coming back for more. If those reality show people got wind of this, they would want to make one about Quads voting wood cutters out of Central Sands (don't even think about getting on the show with a hyd splitter). Everyone voted off gets a "sucker" shirt. I'm in too much shock and awe to offer my .02, and anyway the thread has been completely mauled already. But after reading all 4 pages, not surprisingly, I couldn't remember what the OP's original question was. After going back to read that, I had to laugh because the thread could have been just one single-word reply (no). But that would have been a much less entertaining cup of coffee this morning :lol:

Thats the strength of a forum, making mountains out of mole hills.

Now that we've solved this, let's discuss cat Stoves v non-cat stoves. Or better yet, Stihl versus (insert lesser saw brand here, lol)

I'd rather talk about whether or not it's OK to burn Pine. %-P

fossil said:

I'm with Quads -- just burn the sucker.

;) :)

firefighterjake said:
fossil said:

Your gonna get mileage out of that one, ain't ya Jake? :lol:

Jags said:
firefighterjake said:
fossil said:

Darn right . . . already added it to my signature. ;) :) I'm just waiting to use the line in other threads.

Jags said:
firefighterjake said:
fossil said:

"just whack the sucker" was the original line which seemed appropriate 2me...........butt got edited

BLIMP said:
Jags said:
firefighterjake said:
fossil said:

"just whack the sucker" was the original line which seemed appropriate 2me...........butt got edited

Its OK Pook - I don't have a patent on that one (yet). It can be distributed and altered freely.

firefighterjake said:
Jags said:
firefighterjake said:
fossil said:

Darn right . . . already added it to my signature. ;) :) I'm just waiting to use the line in other threads.
HAAAAAAA! I'm telling you guys, this discussion board definitely needs a 'Like' button! Hahahahaha!

Hello, This is my first post on here. I thought this would be the most appropriate thread to do it. IMHO there is no better feeling then hitting a large piece of wood with an 8 lbs maul. Plus it's a decent back work-out!

I have found that my Fiskars and my 6lb Sears maul are equally effective on most rounds. I just don't have to work as hard with the Fiskars. The Fiskars can also serve as an axe if need be, while the maul is useless in that application.

The Tarzan references reminds that I heard on the radio this a.m. that Cheeta is almost 80 years old!!!....and still no star in the Walk of Fame. We should start a petition.
I've never used a maul and actually have only split a cord or so manually in my entire life(yes, with the SS), but if the daughter's boyfriend doesn't show up with his hydro splitter soon that may change!

Status
Not open for further replies.