Congratulations - Backwoods Savage = "Fire God"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DBoon

Minister of Fire
Jan 14, 2009
Central NY
I just noticed that Dennis went over the 10,000 post mark, and has earned the title of "Fire God". Thanks for all the help Dennis!

Dennis has always been Fire God to me, but it's nice to see official recognition!

You rock, Dennis!

We're Unworthy! WE'RE UNWORTHY!!

Yeah, Dennis is a good man, glad I could teach him the ways of the Fireview. %-P

Good man is right. may he recover quickly. Go Steelers

Oh great . . . now when I give him a hard time about splitting vertically he can just say . . . "But Jake I am the Fire God . . . and I have spoken . . . thus it will come to pass . . . thou shalt only split vertically not horizontally from now on until Armageddon, thus sayeth Backwoods Savage, your Fire God." ;) :)

Over 10,000... wow, what a motor mouth! Not sure what post count the "Fire God" kicks in, but BWS has achieved his God-like status some time ago. I think maybe the board upgrade changed some of the previous settings and spawned a bunch of Fire Gods all at once.

Adios Pantalones said:
Jake- you got Fire God too.

One day man will be judged not by the color of his skin, but the number of posts he has on Hearth.com

No kidding . . . didn't even notice . . . I still consider myself a demi-God compared to Dennis though. ;) :)

One nice thing about this place is that it doesn't seem that too many people get hung up on post counts . . . every voice is heard and all opinions are listened to . . . well, OK, I can think of a few voices and opinions that were listened to for a time before they "opted" to go away . . . I imagine somewhere right now one of those voices is espousing the value of Magic Heaters in some crazy-mixed up language vaguely looking like English and the other member of the forum is going on and on about safety and how everyone will be horribly mangled if they don't take his advice and take 360 hours of a professional wood cutter class. ;) :)

firefighterjake said:
One nice thing about this place is that it doesn't seem that too many people get hung up on post counts . . . every voice is heard and all opinions are listened to . . . well, OK, I can think of a few voices and opinions that were listened to for a time before they "opted" to go away . . . I imagine somewhere right now one of those voices is espousing the value of Magic Heaters in some crazy-mixed up language vaguely looking like English and the other member of the forum is going on and on about safety and how everyone will be horribly mangled if they don't take his advice and take 360 hours of a professional wood cutter class. ;) :)

I guess you don't get over to arboristsite??? lol.

Dakotas Dad said:
firefighterjake said:

I guess you don't get over to arboristsite??? lol.

Nope . . . quite happy here . . . I'm not really into the "gear" side of the burning . . . I'm more into the burning aspect.

I noticed all the new status names a little while ago. My wife constantly makes fun of my burning status and asks if I moved up. She even made up an account and PM'd me with some funny comments last year. I wish she was a little more "obcessed" with the wood heating like some of us here. She plays along with it though. My FIL calls himself a smoldering chunk, due to his creosote creating ways! He scrapes black peanut butter off his connectors quite frequently. He swears he goes through less wood by "smolder" heating his over-the-top insulated house with his pre EPA Surdiac.

Congrats Dennis, good luck with the hip, so you can get back to your Fire God duties soon!

I though a Pyro Extraordinaire was a fire works expert. Pyrotechnics guru
I like the name changes
Who is the Greek God of Fire?

I think it is

Hephaestus

Hephaestus is the son of Zeus and Hera. Sometimes it is said that Hera alone produced him and that he has no father. He is the only god to be physically ugly. He is also lame. Accounts as to how he became lame vary. Some say that Hera, upset by having an ugly child, flung him from Mount Olympus into the sea, breaking his legs. Others that he took Hera's side in an arguement with Zeus and Zeus flung him off Mount Olympus. He is the god of fire and the forge. He is the smith and armorer of the gods. He uses a volcano as his forge. He is the patron god of both smiths and weavers. He is kind and peace loving. His wife is Aphrodite. Sometimes his wife is identified as Aglaia.

Fire God came from a request from some of the pellet burners a couple of weeks ago.

Well, maybe I am a motor mouth. :lol: A few guys sent me PM's telling me about the 10,000 posts and I had just realized it. I never dreamed I'd get this far and the only reason I continue is encouragement from you great folks and as long as I see others who need some help, I'll stick around a little longer.

The hip is coming along good...if slow. But I think I'm doing better with this one that the first one. The real story will be told though once the healing is done but that can take a few months. I won't be doing much cutting or splitting.....but I did sneak out and get the atv out. Mrs. Savage was not happy..... Perhaps you heard some strange sounds coming from this way, it no doubt was when I had put the atv in the barn and came in the front door. No.....she was not happy.

Battenkiller said:
LLigetfa said:
Over 10,000... wow, what a motor mouth!

Right! LL, can you imagine someone actually having enough pos...............

Oops.... never mind. :shut:
Maybe I'm a party pooper but I kinda go along with Jake's comment.
One nice thing about this place is that it doesn’t seem that too many people get hung up on post counts
Another forum I participate on provides no titles and don't display post counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.