Connecting Harman Accentra 52i to Existing Liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jibba

Oct 1, 2014
NH
Hi all - I know this has been covered with some nuances in past threads, but I didn't feel like I found a definitive answer. Has anyone had their Accentra 52i connected to an existing 6" liner? Getting one installed next week, and was getting some flak from the installers on doing so. Have heard differing opinions re: draft and/or clearance/ability to connect the 4" to the 6". Just looking to be a bit more armed to avoid getting screwed for additional work/materials I don't necessarily need. Thanks for any insights.

Run a 4" pipe and do it right. Enough said!

That's about a $600 decision - I'm wondering why that's "doing it right"?
The stove is not designed for a 6", similar to a high efficiency boiler- size does matter! I believe it has to do with the pressure from the direct vent, too little is not a good thing.

Unless your installation is an inside chimney with about 15' or more to the top, you'll probably have draft problems. If you want to save some money, find the pellet pipe yourself and a cap yourself through Craigslist or a sale at a place like Harbor Freight.

You might want to read this, you can scroll left and right for other options. But this says you will get excellent draft by running a stub flex into an existing vent and insulating the base or there abouts. Not sure I'd want this for cleaning purposes but it says it works well. So will a 4" stainless liner of up to 30 ft vertical, found a few pages to the right.
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/866531/Harman-Accentra-52i.html?page=10#manual

Status
Not open for further replies.