Connecting wood stove pipe to tee of flex liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rg-ri-burn

Sep 13, 2022
Rhode Island
I am ready to install a stainless flex liner into my old clay liner, and my question is regarding attaching my stove pipe to the tee at the base of the new liner. Do I simply crimp the tee and slide the stove pipe over it? Pictures are of the current setup that will be replaced with the tee of the new liner. Currently stove pipe slides over a short crimped section of pipe that feeds into clay flue. Thanks for any help
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui...854467&th=1847d7f0e7fb46c3&view=att&disp=safe

IMG-9700.jpg IMG-9699.jpg

Yes the stainless will extend into the room if needed it gets crimped then the stove pipe gets screwed to it

Another question. There is no thimble installed currently, should one be added when I do my liner install? It is an external stone chimney, clay lined. In the the photos you can see the stone hearth with current snout. Remove snout and it is all cement, thoughts?

There is a 6" clay thimble outside that the previous owners had been using to direct water from a downspout :rolleyes: