connection issue ss liner to insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

led zep

Nov 24, 2014
Massachusetts
Hey, new to forum, hoping to find help. Never had a fire wood insert b4 but love burning wood, rather than pellets. My 1st insert install and maybe my last. because of the smokeshelf, the angle of the 6" ss liner is extremely difficult to connect flush with insert. (front part of liner connector is about 1-1 1/2 higher than rear because of the angle liner is at) Spent way to many hours trying to connect and may give up and call a pro. This is the last step b4 being done and would like to finish myself. does any body have an idea, found a fastening system part # AC02006 that allows me to connect to line (possibly screw it in at a slight angle on liner) and pull through the inside of insert to line up. any suggestions would be greatly appretiated.

Thanks Daksy for the reply, I ordered 30 Degree elbow and a few other items, nice sight. I seen on this forum about roxul insulation, is it ok to put this in between liner and block off plate? found this at lowes about 40 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.