Considering a Jotul C 450

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lilroy

Dec 24, 2009
Wisconsin
I've hired a pro to come and check out my fireplace and he is recommending a Jotul C 450 for a wood burning insert.
Anyone have one?
Are you happy with it?

These don't use outside air. Is that a must?

Check out the Reviews section on this site - I and many others have written a review on this and many other models. You can also search these threads with the keyword C450 to see what kind of questions this unit gets or what other units are comparable to this one.

Personally I love this unit. I would have been open to other inserts as well but for my wife this was the only one acceptable to her, so who am I to argue? :)

I don't have that particular insert your considering but I do have two Jotuls, yeah I'm a fan... Good luck!

I like my Jotul. Can't recall any Jotul owners on this site that have anything bad to say. My insert, one size up from the 450, is very easy to control and simple to operate.

Status
Not open for further replies.