continuous running breckwell p1000 (bigE)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Does it just run the exhaust fan when plugging in or everything? Did you have the unit on a surge protector or UPS?

Not the first time a surge protector has failed or been hit and toasted the board. I am afraid it does not sound good

My worry is will it shut down if a safety is triggered, like over fire

My knowledge of that company very limited. Post a new thread for possible board repair or replacement ideas for your stove.

MN is burning down homes at a slower than normal rate but any home burnt is to many. Stay warm and safe

Your igniter may also be powered continuously if the board went south. If that's the case it will use more electricity and will probably burn out soon. Better get to fixing it ASAP.