Control Panel Blinking/Englander PDV25

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

annabelle

Oct 25, 2008
new york
We had some power failures last night from the ice storm. The first power failure, the stove was just starting up and the blower came on when the power went out. We pulled the surge protector from the outlet. The power came back on, and we continued to have some brown outs for a hour or so after, we left the stove unplugged. Turned it on after a few hours when it seemed "safe" and it ran fine for acouple hours. Woke up at midnite to find all the stove's control panel buttons blinking on and off, glass was real sooty and stove seemed to be shutting down, however no error codes. Just panel going crazy. I unplugged the surge protector again and had to turn the furnace on for the night. I cleaned the stove out the AM and now going to run the stove during the day to see what happens.
Is this a normal thing to happen when you don't shut the stove down properly? It ran fine for a few hours before this happened?

shut it down then follow this procedure to "reboot" the control board;
1. unplug
2. plug in, then immediately press all 3 bottom buttons together and release
3. you will see an "F-S" in your readout , then a 1-1
4. unplug the stove again when the 1-1 appears
5. plug it in again , and immediately press the blower speed up and blower speed down arrows together and release, you will se an "A" in your heat range , very quickly push the heat range up arrow until it reads "d" then turn the unit on, see if it goes back to running normally.

the "brownout" conditions you described can cause the board to act strange (it kinda loses it mind a bit) but this reboot sequence usually straightens it right up.

if this doesnt correct the issue , you need to call my shop monday we open at 8 eastern. one of my techs will assist you in troubleshooting the matter. the number is 800-245-6489. please be patient as im sure monday is going to be really busy due to the power outages and such happening in the new england area. we will try to handle traffic as quickly as we can but when things like this happen we get tied up pretty good.

Thanks so much for your response, that is very helpful. I'm going to print that out for future use. I ended up cleaning out the stove and turned everything back on the next AM after the power outage/brownout. I ran the stove most of day without any problems. I did find out that our power did have more brown outs during that night, so that explains the "crazy" control panel issue.
Everything seems to be working fine right now. The next time this happens again, I will follow your advice.
My only other question I have is, we seem to be burning alot of pellets so far. We mostly burn Dry Creek Pellets. We go through about a bag in about 14 hours or so. My stove tends to get sooty. I have changed the bottom buttons to 5-5-1. Is there a lever inside the stove by the top auger that controls the pellets as well? I have seen posts on here that talk about some lever. Not sure if it is referring to my stove or not. I just don't know what the issue is that I burn so fast, and get alot of soot on the front window. I feel like I am burning up my winter supply too fast.

Thanks again for your help. This forum has been very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.