Convection motor?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Keviniscold

Jan 5, 2020
Usa
breckwell big e pellet stove flashing number 2 light, there is a fire but fan doesn't come on. Fire starts nice and white but later is a big slow rolling orange fire. How do you know what part to replace, I did do a thorough cleaning of ash.

Welcome Kevinscold how old is the stove? is this a new install or have you been running it? You said you cleaned it well, both trap doors on either side of the burn pot? combustion chamber and blower? exhaust vent? how far out do you have the damper rod?

It's an older stove I've had it awhile ran great, now I notice the air doesn't blow out of the top into the room anymore. I did all that cleaning. Just don't know if it's sensors or a bad motor. I did just place an order for new sensors, so I'll try that first. If it doesn't is it for sure the convection motor or could it also be the combustion motor?

The snap disc that is on the combustion blower housing is what i would suspect. It controls the convection blower (room blower). The lazy flame would be the combustion blower or plugged up exhaust vent pipe, leaky gaskets around the door.