Cooking thread, anyone?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
IMG_3371.jpeg

IMG_3373.jpeg

Breakfast for dinner tonight. Extremely alcoholic OJ with a splash of grapefruit. The key is we used our very early season homemade maple syrup. Had a warm spell and got a good run, I made about a pint. Delicious vanilla, caramel, and light maple notes. We're in a cold snap again but I can't wait for the trees to wake back up!

1000001590.jpg

1000001517.jpg

Reactions: EbS-P
Finished the fermented hot sauces.

The jars with the green (jalapeño, Serrano) and a couple habaneros has been done a couple weeks and I been through two bottles already. Thats the darker bottle.

The orange sauce is mostly habanero, and I just blended it today after about a week and a half of fermentation.

Both are awesome.

IMG_4028.jpeg

IMG_3964.jpeg

IMG_3866.jpeg

IMG_3742.jpeg

That looks great! My morning eyes deceived me with what was in your colander, at first I saw shrimp heads. My mind was asking, is he making his own msg?

Do those ball tops let off extra CO2?

This was last month. Nitrate free smoke “kinda corned” beef. It was a full choice brisket on the smaller side at 8#. Smoked quick at like 5 hours. Very very good IMO.

Then lamb three ways for Easter. That was super good. One each of curry, rosemary garlic, and a pretty plain one with some garlic powder pepper and salt. No finished pictures.

IMG_9936.jpeg

IMG_0161.jpeg

Reactions: 30WCF