Cool wood pile

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gerry100

Minister of Fire
May 16, 2008
NY Capitol Region
tumblr_lb87kmm79I1qzwmsso1_1280.jpg

Seems like a different view than we normally see of that pile. It's a great pic that is posted quite often. I may have posted it at one time, can't remember.....==c

I don't think Schoharie will ever fully recover. Probably 1/2 the houses won't ever be rebuilt. Some shouldn't be rebuilt due to their location.

Looks like someone has way to much time on there hands but that is very cool! I'm lucky i can get it split and stacked never mind both and looking like that....what's going on in your neck of the woods? Sorry little out of the loop these days

Every time I see this picture I keep thinking that I should move on from the holz mietes to doing something like this . . . bet that would get the neighbors' tongues a wagging about me having gone over the deep end.

Reactions: ScotO
I drive through Schoharie fairly often and it's quite a shock to see so many closed/abandoned buildings. We're closer to Prattsville and that area which was also devastated and it was some time after Irene before we even realized just how bad your area was hit up there.

I don't think Schoharie will ever fully recover. Probably 1/2 the houses won't ever be rebuilt. Some shouldn't be rebuilt due to their location.

Id feel bad burning it. It looks too nice. Im sure time consuming.

Id feel bad burning it. It looks too nice. Im sure time consuming.
I was thinking that myself. You could take a hundred pictures, but it would be really hard to take it apart. I guess you would have to have the mindset of those Tibetan monks who work for weeks and months on those sand painting mandelas, then sweep them away to remind themselves that nothing is ever permanent.

Every time I see this picture I keep thinking that I should move on from the holz mietes to doing something like this . . . bet that would get the neighbors' tongues a wagging about me having gone over the deep end.

Me to , that is the most popular wood pile in the world, do something similar for internet fame :p

Status
Not open for further replies.