Corinth Wood Pellets-Your Opinion??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lessoil

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
May 31, 2008
Western Maine
Looks like we will need one more ton of pellets for this Winter.
We will run out of New England Pellets the first part of April.
I can get Corinth Pellets for $235/ton if I pick them up or $250 delivered.
How do they compare with New England? Good heat moderate ash??

Thanks!!

a mid range pellet.. good heat, tends to build up clinkers, though.

Burned about 35-40 bags so far, OK heat, coarse heavy ash. Given a choice I'd buy "New Athens", my $0.02

the corinth is a decent pellet seen better seen worse we have customers burning them with out any trouble. I didn't know there was any difference in the new Athens compared to the old Athens. how do the look and burn?? ash content?

Burnt a ton of Corinth Wood Pellets earlier this winter then switched to NEWP, found Corinth just so-so, after a day or two the glass would be dirty, lots of ash, heat was okay, NEWP burns cleaner and hotter. I wouldn't buy them again unless they were a great buy, not for $250.

Status
Not open for further replies.