Corn Cob Pellets??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plowboy

Mar 9, 2008
Indiana
I posted this last night but it never came up yet so I will try again.
Years ago, in my younger days,I burned corn cobs in my old wood stove and they burned very hot. I was just wondering if any of these people that makes pellets has ever thought about grinding corn cobs up then pressing them to pellet size so we can burn thrm in our pellet stoves..

Bill

Plowboy said:
I posted this last night but it never came up yet so I will try again.
Years ago, in my younger days,I burned corn cobs in my old wood stove and they burned very hot. I was just wondering if any of these people that makes pellets has ever thought about grinding corn cobs up then pressing them to pellet size so we can burn thrm in our pellet stoves..

Bill

Shelled corn is very corrosive when burned. I do not know if the cob would also be corrosive. If "some" companies ad cardboard to wood pellets I am sure someone tried it.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.